Love Your Mother
- Posted on
- By Susannah
- Posted in The Foundry World
Today is Earth Day. But more importantly, it's Earth Life. These feel like dire times, dear ones. These are dire times. And these are also powerful times. Beautiful times. Bountiful times. Blooming times. A time to build up, a time to break down, a time to dance, a time to mourn, a time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together.
There are so many other incredible resources for information, for connection, for harnessing the potential of all of our feelings about polar bears and deforestation and microplastics and clean water and and and...we'll let the scientists speak to science and poets speak to beauty. We aren't here to tell you what you *should* do, but rather, what you can do, or, honestly, this is what we do.
So today, we'll just speak our own truth. Today and every day we are committed to this:
- Live fully with fewer, better things.
- Mend things that need mending, embrace imperfection and patina, invest in things that last.
- Plastic. Is. The. Enemy.
- Do what you can (yes, even if it's just a straw. sigh.)
and (since we are a shop after all):
- Buy less. Buy local. Buy from makers you know and vendors you trust. Supply-chain decisions matter.
Be the first to comment...