Every Friday The Foundry Home Goods contributes 5% of our total sales to a different community-nominated small-and-mighty cause. In honor of Pride Month, all of our Foundry Giving Friday recipients for the month of June will be honoring the good work of LGBTQIA+ focused organizations... we're featuring Rainbow Health again this week for GIVE OUT DAY, to further our local impact.
Rainbow Health Minnesota has been advocating for and serving the LGBTQ+ community, those living with HIV, and all folks facing barriers to equitable healthcare for over 40 years. Rainbow Health works for equitable health care access and outcomes for people who experience injustice at the intersection of health status and identity by:
- Helping people navigate healthcare systems by breaking down barriers, particularly LGBTQ+ people and those affected by HIV.
- Working to End HIV by building on our four-decade legacy of providing the most comprehensive array of Minnesota AIDS Project’s wrap-around services for people with HIV. As a disease of injustice, the only way to end HIV is to end health disparities.
- Offering unique and specialized mental and chemical health services by and for the communities they serve. Care is trauma-informed, harm-reduction based, sex-positive, and meets people where they are. And no one is turned away for inability to pay.
- Empowering people on the margins with relevant information, support, and connection to resources that allow them to lead healthier lives.
- Educating and training providers about how to deliver better care for the diversity of LGBTQ+ and HIV communities through a lens of intersectionality.
If you don't need anything from us, please consider directly supporting Rainbow Health Minnesota's GIVE OUT DAY portal here. By contributing before 6/28, you increase Rainbow Health's chances of receiving leaderboard prize support!
If you DO find yourself in need of anything from us, know that your purchase goes to support good change happening on the community level.
Thanks to Robin for the nomination!
If YOU have a worthy cause to nominate for our Foundry Giving Friday initiative, pop on over to our Nomination Page and drop us a line. We're all in this together.